Your gifts make a difference to the ministry of Chalmers United Church! With the faithful support of our members and friends we are:
- Furthering a tradition of excellence in preaching by our own clergy and visiting preachers;
- Developing innovative, enthusiastic children’s, youth and adult ministries;
- Extending the hand of love and fellowship to the lonely, to those who are suffering and to the troubled among our congregation and in the community;
- Nurturing excellence in our choral and instrumental music ministries;
- Equipping our members for their faith journey through Bible Study and faith development;
- Helping feed hungry families, shelter homeless people, and bring joy to the aged; and
- Reaching a much larger congregation through our Sunday service live broadcast on the internet.
Ways to Contribute
Your donations enable Chalmers United Church to make a difference in many areas. Please note that we issue all tax receipts at year-end. You can support the ministries of the church in several ways:
- Gifts during “The Offering” at Sunday Worship
- Gifts by mail : Chalmers United Church 212 Barrie St Kingston ON K7L 3K3 or by fax: 613-546-3340
- Planned Giving
- e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-authorized Remittance (PAR)
Your pre-authorized remittance ensures your support of the life and work of the congregation on a regular and timely basis – whether you are able to attend worship or not. This is particularly helpful during times when you may be away for a significant period of time. To complete an application form click here.
This is a truly meaningful way to acknowledge that you remember someone close to you, and to express your sympathy and respect to surviving family members and friends. Gifts to Chalmers Memorial Fund are used to enhance our worship services. We will notify the family of your donation.
A caring and significant way to honour a friend, relative or colleague is to recognize a special occasion in their life with a gift of faithful stewardship.
You can secure the ministry of Chalmers United Church for future generations and save taxes with gifts of stock, life insurance, annuities, trusts and bequests. For information on including Chalmers in your will click here.
More ways to give…
Your time and talents. Volunteer opportunities abound, from giving professional advice, stuffing envelopes, baking cookies, gifts in kind, Sunday School supplies, auction items, furnishings,to office equipment. Talk to us!
- Operating Fund – This is the general fund of the congregation, that provides for its day to day operational needs.
- Mission and Service Fund – This fund of The United Church of Canada is the face of the church in Canada and around the world. By contributing to this fund we are connecting to some 142 ministries across Canada – small congregations in rural and urban areas, theological schools, hospital and university chaplaincies, advocacy ministries and food banks – and many others around the world.
- Benevolent Fund – Over 1,400 people have come to Chalmers House, many often come monthly, for assistance with food and have received a grocery store gift card and/or a Martha’s Table meal ticket. Over recent years, the demand has tripled. Quarterly opportunities to support this program are offered when Benevolent Envelopes are placed in bulletins or in the pew. You will also find them at the back of the church or merely designate a gift to your Sunday giving.
- Piano & Organ Fund – The care and purchase of musical instruments of Chalmers are supported through this fund.
- Building Fund – An old historic building requires much ongoing maintenance and repair work. This fund is used for major building expenses.