- Located in the triangle of Barrie, Clergy and Earl Streets in the heart of downtown, next to Queen’s University
- Accessible seating for 350 with additional seating for 150 in the balcony, accommodating weddings, funerals, student recitals, full concerts, speaking engagements and school recitals
- Sound system with Sound Technician available for speaking engagements and choirs supporting hearing assists for hearing impaired
- Wifi supplied
- Kawai Grand Piano
- Artisan Classic Organ
A beautiful room for a celebratory occasion or for use as a conference venue.
- Capacity 160 (120 seated)
- Tables and chairs on site
- Room contains sound baffles on walls
- Basic Sound System with mics available for speaking engagements
- Steinway Grand piano
- Rental: $25 an hour, 3-hour minimum
- Adjacent to full commercial kitchen (additional fees based on use)
Green rooms available and several smaller more contained spaces suitable for teaching tutoring, or music lessons.
For inquiries regarding the use of the Sanctuary, MacCallum Hall or other smaller rooms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office Administrator at 613-546-3263 ext. 222.
The Chalmers Organ
Chalmers’ current organ was built in 1961 by world-renowned maker Casavant Frères. Some of the pipework suffered damage in a fire in 1995, and was rebuilt by F. W. Knapton & Son and Artisan-Classic Organs as a hybrid comprising both acoustic pipes and digitally sampled sounds. In addition, it was fitted with the capability to act as a MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) controller. In 2014 the digital sound palette was hugely augmented with a broad spectrum of virtual instruments (pitched and un-pitched orchestral and world instruments, as well as natural and synthesized sounds and effects). These are stored on a laptop computer and are assignable to each of the the three manuals and pedalboard, individually or in layers, with or without the acoustic pipe sonorities.
Music Resources For Your Event
Please feel free to discuss your wishes and needs with us. The sanctuary has great accoustics and is a beautiful space for music and events.