Chalmers has recently been exploring who we are and how we want to be together with one another. The following 'Moving Forward' Statement is the result of this period of discernment and will guide us through the future in the short term. Much of what we want to achieve will be carried forward following Restorative Practice principles and the new governance structures we have been developing.
We are continually striving to be:
- A spiritual home where people of any age connect in significant, thoughtful, and relevant ways, and where we listen to one another and freely explore important questions
- A caring, hospitable and diverse community of faith
- A restorative community of faith where decisions are made in healthy and productive ways, and where differences of opinion are acknowledged and discussed restoratively
- A community of faith that honours its history, admires its beautiful building and stained-glass windows, and rejoices in the sanctuary’s shape that encircles us
- A community of faith where the power of music underlies and strengthens our worship
- A community of faith in the United Church of Canada, where we offer our energy and gifts to the world beyond our walls, to demonstrate our faith in practical ways